Thursday, December 17, 2009

Painful Silence

Painful Silence

I open up my heart and let you in
I say come here and you reply with silence
I write you sweet love poems to further express how I feel and you reply with silence
I dance from the crown of my head to the tip of my toes
Showing you my loving caring soul
And you reply with silence
I say yes . . . . .
Nothing
I say no . . . . .
Nothing
Only when I’ve reached my wits end
Do you finally speak and reel me back in
Not one word is heard until I say something that angers you and even then its non-verbal
I can tell by your body language
Well I’m tired of trying to figure you out
I’m tired of playing the guessing game
So next time you want to suddenly express how you feel
Sing me a new song about what you think is real
I’ll reply with silence
You say no . . . .
Nothing
You say yes . . .
Nothing

Until you decide you want to get real and talk . . . . We will Share a loving bond in Silence

Your Silence tells me that you don’t care
Your silence tells me that the things I do to please you
Barely even come close to appealing you
And while I’m up
In the middle of the night
Writing lines by phone light
It doesn’t matter
Because
Just like before
You’re laying there
And I’m lying here
And
WE
ARE
SILENT

*Inspired by NDE

No comments:

Post a Comment