Friday, November 23, 2012

My Addiction

Hi, my name is D. . . . D. Anthony and I’m an addict
It’s been exactly a month since I . . last used and . . .
I was good at first but now it’s getting harder.
I’ve tried to occupy my time so I wouldn’t think about it but when things slow down,
I still do
I’ve even resulted to harmless substitutes, trying to match that . . .
that High I used to get
But nothing works
Nothing gets me there like it did

Sometimes when it gets real bad,
I find myself sitting on the floor in a dark room
phone by my side
I think about calling,
just to get one more hit
This gone be my last time, I tell myself
I promise,
No more after this
But I’m lying . . . .
That’s why I end up not calling
because I don’t want to lie to myself any more.

Sometimes the dealer even calls me!
Trying to tempt me
That makes it hard to stay strong
We even had a deal that he’d leave me alone when I quit
Selfish bastard just can’t let go of a loyal customer though


I’ve been sober for 4 weeks, 3 days, and 12 hours
My name is D. Anthony and I was addicted to HIS LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment