Monday, May 21, 2012

A Moment with the King

Shaking with grief, terror, and worry,
I went into my secret place and invited my King.
My body almost trounced by spirits of fear; I cried
Eyes shut with rivers streaming from them and a quick breath to be calmed by Him
“Lord let me walk. . . . each day with thee”
Trembling began to cease and inhaling retarded
“Lead me . . . . . guide me”
The rivers releasing, soon the waters cleansing.
Water poured and He began to cleanse me from head to toe,
Washing me anew for He knew the great changes that would commence thereafter.    
Wan after dry, the common exterior cream would not suffice,
He rubbed on a mixture of oil and butter to penetrate and renew my skin.
Then He took a cleansing cloth to my face removing traces of rivers of guilt,
A warm cloth to the countenance to remove the mask of selfishness, and unconcern; the past was gone.
 
I went into to my secret place and invited my King.
He entered in and restored me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment